Monday, December 1, 2008

Quilting circle

It was a rainy, dark and dreary November afternoon that Aunt Sally pulled the quilting supplies out of her suitcase. My Mom and Sally drove down to Virginia for a visit the week before Thanksgiving. Along with her Sally brought the material to begin our quilt squares for Jeff and Jenn's latest addition.
It was a perfect afternoon of sewing, laughter, a few pin pricks, and happy talk of the baby that will be arriving soon.
Of course, I the novice, required a refresher tutorial in stitching with more than a few reminders along the way. The experts Janet and Sally breezed through their squares. Aunt Sally completed two.

Aunt Sally creating Thomas the Train. How appropriate from Aunt Sally...Trains!


Aunt Janet sewing her square. Ever patient her stitches are carefully done with love.

I wanted to create my own design. I used an illustration that I made for Jeff upon his completion of the Boston Marathon. Transferring it from pencil to fabric was quite something. In total I sewed for 8 hours. I think much of that time was because I'm not the best with needle and thread : )


Judy creating the design from illustration to fabric.

...and finally, Judy sewing her square.

1 comment:

AM said...

Very nice!!! Thanks! Your square is great!